Security Consultant – Moldova | ReliefWeb
I. Job Information
Job Name: Security Consultant, Moldova
Expected duration of employment: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Position Type: External Advisor
Duty station: Chișinău (work from home may be considered on a case-by-case basis)
Start date: November 2022 (As soon as possible)
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization with field activities in 27 countries (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social service program in the Czech Republic that helps more than 100,000 clients. The CCR is a member of the international network of Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners. The core of the JRC’s activities focuses on development cooperation and longer-term programming. However, the share of humanitarian and nexus interventions is increasing, particularly in the sectors of shelter, emergency cash and livelihoods, WASH and health.
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) in Moldova: CCR has been working in Moldova since 2004. Over the years, CCR has implemented 34 development cooperation projects in the areas of health and social care, waste management, livelihood support and humanitarian aid.
Currently, CCR with numerous experts, in partnership with central and local authorities as well as NGOs and local service providers, implements development cooperation projects aimed at bringing IT solutions closer to the beneficiaries of medical and social services, to develop and improve the home care sector in the country, by creating health and social centers in the districts of Vulcănești, Ocnița and Grigoriopol and by building a functional waste management system in Criuleni, by supporting the deinstitutionalization of adults with disabilities and providing humanitarian aid to refugees from Ukraine.
The ongoing conflict in Ukraine also poses a risk to neighboring countries. The task of the security expert will be to monitor emerging security risks for Moldova, more specifically for the JRC AoR and to ensure the security of mission personnel there.
The Security Consultant will continuously monitor the evolving security situation in Ukraine and assess its possible impact on the security of the team in Moldova, report to the Country Director and RCC HQ, develop and implement guidelines and security management protocols. He/she will also provide security advice and training to field staff mainly based in Chișinău. In the event of safety and security related incidents in the AoR, he/she will notify the Country Director and HQ and establish an emergency response to ensure the safety of all mission staff, local and expatriate.
The main responsibilities of the position will be:
- Gather general information regarding the security situation in Ukraine and the possible impact on the AoR of the CCR mission in Moldova.
- Perform risk/threat assessments throughout the AoR.
- Develop, review and update mission security, contingency plans, security instructions, emergency contact list and safety and security protocols, adapt them to the local situation, mentor and train field staff mainly based in Chișinău.
- Prepare regular security briefings and reports for field staff mainly based in Chișinău and at CCR headquarters.
- Coordinate and ensure all necessary security arrangements for local and expatriate field staff.
- Prepare security arrangements for the mission office mainly based in Chișinău, coordinate and implement the provision of security equipment for the mission premises in case of various threats.
- Regularly monitor and verify incident reports related to the security situation, monitor government and local government resources.
- Establish and maintain contact with relevant local authorities in the AoR.
- Support logistics as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in emergency operation in Moldova, experience in emergency operation in Ukraine desired.
- Extensive experience in security management and procedures combined with a solid background in a military, police or security specialization.
- Thorough understanding of security developments in Ukraine and the impact on the local security situation in the RCC AoR in Moldova.
- Ability to anticipate future developments and assess risks in a timely manner.
- Proven experience in implementing security and emergency plans for international organizations.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the Romanian and Russian language, Ukrainian is an asset.
How to register
Qualified candidates can send their application to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include a brief cover letter, no longer than 1 page, and a CV or resume of no more than 4 pages. Please enter “Security Consultant Moldova” in the subject. The deadline for submission is November 15, 2022. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Applications are continuously reviewed and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline.